Translation and cultural adaptation
Whether it's a brochure, informational
material, web content, or a booklet, translation is only a part of the project. Content for U.S. Hispanics must be adapted and sensitive to the cultures and experiences of your audience.
Our bilingual services ensure that you:
- Avoid too-literal translations from English materials
- Are sensitive to regional and national variations of Spanish and the different—and sometimes offensive—meanings of certain words in other Latin American countries
- Accurately translate Catholic church terms, phrasesand language.
- Use examples and stories in your communications that resonate with the Hispanic culture and experience
- Welcome Hispanics to your website by creating a space for them, their culture, and their language on your page.
Training, formation, & workshop services
We provide facilitators and presenters for:
- Catechist formation courses for dioceses, parishes, or conferences
- Bilingual or Spanish retreats
- Vocations panels and workshops
- Intercultural training for vocation directors and religious congregations
- Facilitator training for education, literacy, and English as a Second Language (ESL)
Designs that work for an Anglo audience may be received as exclusionary by Hispanics if, for example, Hispanic faces are not represented in photos or illustrations. Our design audits ensure that the images and graphics of your
presentation are culturally sensitive.
For your events or conferences, we provide experienced simultaneous translators working either through headphones or by simultaneous subtitling.
Get help now...
We apologize, but the selected Survey is currently unavailable.
You can also contact us at 312-544-8132 or at email@example.com for more information.
Please call us for rates.
Our Bilingual Services are part of the Hispanic Ministry Resource Center (HMRC), created in 1990 by the Claretians to provide resources for pastoral ministers working with Hispanic communities throughout the country.
With its main focus on publishing, the HMRC provides culturally appropriate, bilingual materials for the fast-growing population of Catholic Hispanics. The HMRC is also active in Hispanic ministry at the national level.
Publications of the Hispanic Ministry Resource Center include:
Nuestra Parroquia, a monthly bilingual newsletter that offers the best collection of parish resources -- including homily help -- for those serving in Hispanic ministry.
Amigos de Jesús, a catechetical program based on the lectionary, which includes weekly activities and reflections for children, resources for catechists, and family catechesis.
El Momento Católico, a series of bilingual handouts for adult faith formation.
¡Oye!, a free annual faith and discernment guide for young Hispanic Catholics.